“Break the Fast” with a nutritious breakfast and benefit in multiple ways:
- Boost Nutrient Intake: Breakfast eaters tend to get more vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, vitamin D, zinc and iron than those who skip breakfast.
- Healthy Body Weight: People who eat breakfast tend to have better success in achieving and maintaining a healthy body weight.
- Brain Boost: Breakfast provides vital nutrients for your brain improving concentration and alertness.
- Fibre Fill-Up: Breakfast is a fantastic way to help meet your daily fibre needs. Add high fibre bran cereals, rolled oats, ground flax seeds, chia seeds and wheat germ to your breakfast.
- Protein Power: Don’t forget to add a high protein food to your breakfast such as eggs, Greek yogurt, nut butters, milk, cottage cheese and hemp hearts. Protein can help you feel fuller longer, assist with management of blood sugar levels and provide essential amino acids your body needs to maintain your muscle mass.