Community Outreach Coordinator
You are a master of public speaking and passionate about food security in our community. You are self-motivated and excited about engaging agencies and the public about Calgary Meals on Wheels. You are drawn to this position because you want to make a difference, and your expert communication, relationship, and organizational skills are thorough and beyond proficient.
The dynamic, autonomous role of Community Outreach Coordinator is crucial to increasing our organization’s profile in the community and addressing deep-rooted stigma and misconception. The role is responsible for connecting the organization with the community it serves. Through interactions with a variety of stakeholders, the position is tasked with amplifying the impact of our refreshed branding and messaging. As an initial point of contact and a key ambassador, the Community Outreach Coordinator conveys relevant information, builds rapport, and inspires interest and advocacy. The position works within our Client Service team and reports to the Client Service Manager.
- Community Outreach – Represent and enhance the organization’s image through:
- Presentations, Lunch & Learns, Tours, Booths
- Cold Calling, Brochure and Poster Distribution
- Stewarding Relationships
- Lead Generation – Identify growth opportunities and strategic direction through partnerships, market research, and networking.
- Data Management & Reporting – Maintain detailed and accurate records of interactions and contacts. Interpret data for reporting and planning.
- Cross-training – Learn client database and processes within the team to help cover Client Intake and Client Service roles.
You are adaptable and comfortable with a varied day-to-day, energized at a desk as much as you are behind a podium. You are diligent and resourceful and love to plan, organize, and prioritize to meet deadlines and achieve goals. You multi-task without losing focus, consistency, or details. You are proactive and ambitious, driven to assume responsibility. You excel independently as well as cohesively within a team. You are friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic. You carry yourself with a high level of poise and confidence and model professional conduct. You value accuracy, integrity, and compassion.
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of experience in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or relevant area. Nonprofit background preferred.
- Post-secondary education in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or relevant area
- Advanced public speaking, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of Access preferred.
- Clean police check and vulnerable sector search
- Clean driver’s abstract
Calgary Meals on Wheels:
Our mission is to promote health and independence by providing quality, nutritious and affordable meals to people in need of our services. We are a nonprofit organization that produces and delivers approximately 2,500 meals each day, more than 570,000 meals annually! While most people have heard of us before and know of our home-delivery service, many are surprised to learn about the breadth of our programs serving individuals, families, schools, nonprofit agencies, and community groups.
We value a casual, friendly environment that recognizes the importance of work/life balance. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Flexibility is required to accommodate the requirements of the job; specifically, evenings and weekends may be required from time to time.
Please send your resume and cover letter (addressing questionnaire below and salary expectation) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please answer all questions. Be specific and keep each answer under half a page.
- What motivated you to apply for this position?
- What aspect(s) of this position appeal to you?
- What experience do you have with public speaking?
Philanthropic Giving Coordinator
Calgary Meals on Wheels is a not-for-profit organization that prepares and delivers approximately 4,000 meals each day to Calgarians in need of nutritional support. While our well-known Home Meal Delivery Programs serves our principal clients; we have three programs which serve individuals, families, school children and community groups.
We are currently hiring for the exciting role of Philanthropic Giving Coordinator to work within our dynamic Fund Development Team and report to the Fund Development Manager.
The successful candidate will be donor-centric, goal-orientated and possess great attention to detail. Working closely with the Fund Development Manager, The Philanthropic Giving Coordinator is responsible for strategic development and execution for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of new and current donors for philanthropic intent to attract and secure mid-level and major donors for the organization. The individual will work in collaboration with leadership, volunteers and other stakeholders to reach monthly and annual goals.
• Reach the required monthly and yearly fundraising goal for mid-level and major donors; a total portfolio with under 60 contacts.
• Weekly record keeping through the management of effective systems for tracking and cultivating donors through the Virtuous database system.
• Weekly reporting to the Fund Development Manager on; research, identification and prospecting, solicitations, gifts secured and stewardship efforts.
• Annually assist in the development and management of the major gifts strategic plan that works in conjunction with the overall strategic plan of the organization and annual fund development budget
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and effectively within a team
• Abide by the Donor Code of Ethics and possess strong integrity
• Strong attention to detail is a must
• Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge, specifically Word, Outlook & Excel
• Valid driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract
• Clean police check and vulnerable sector search
• At least 2 years of post-secondary education that pertains to the business or non-profit field.
• Ideally, 2 years’ experience in higher-level fundraising and a proven track record of successfully securing major gifts of $5,000 and up.
At Calgary Meals on Wheels we value a casual, friendly environment that recognizes the importance of work/life balance. This role is 37.5 hours per week. Typical hours will be worked between 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, five days per week, with flexibility required to accommodate the requirements of the job; specifically, evenings and weekends may be required from time to time.
Please forward resumes, along with coversheet and salary expectation to email@example.com. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.