Philanthropic Giving Coordinator
Calgary Meals on Wheels is a not-for-profit organization that prepares and delivers approximately 4,000 meals each day to Calgarians in need of nutritional support. While our well-known Home Meal Delivery Programs serves our principal clients; we have three programs which serve individuals, families, school children and community groups.
We are currently hiring for the exciting role of Philanthropic Giving Coordinator to work within our dynamic Fund Development Team and report to the Fund Development Manager.
The successful candidate will be donor-centric, goal-orientated and possess great attention to detail. Working closely with the Fund Development Manager, The Philanthropic Giving Coordinator is responsible for strategic development and execution for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of new and current donors for philanthropic intent to attract and secure mid-level and major donors for the organization. The individual will work in collaboration with leadership, volunteers and other stakeholders to reach monthly and annual goals.
• Reach the required monthly and yearly fundraising goal for mid-level and major donors; a total portfolio with under 60 contacts.
• Weekly record keeping through the management of effective systems for tracking and cultivating donors through the Virtuous database system.
• Weekly reporting to the Fund Development Manager on; research, identification and prospecting, solicitations, gifts secured and stewardship efforts.
• Annually assist in the development and management of the major gifts strategic plan that works in conjunction with the overall strategic plan of the organization and annual fund development budget
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and effectively within a team
• Abide by the Donor Code of Ethics and possess strong integrity
• Strong attention to detail is a must
• Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge, specifically Word, Outlook & Excel
• Valid driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract
• Clean police check and vulnerable sector search
• At least 2 years of post-secondary education that pertains to the business or non-profit field.
• Ideally, 2 years’ experience in higher-level fundraising and a proven track record of successfully securing major gifts of $5,000 and up.
At Calgary Meals on Wheels we value a casual, friendly environment that recognizes the importance of work/life balance. This role is 37.5 hours per week. Typical hours will be worked between 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, five days per week, with flexibility required to accommodate the requirements of the job; specifically, evenings and weekends may be required from time to time.
Please forward resumes, along with coversheet and salary expectation to email@example.com. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Calgary Meals on Wheels is a not-for-profit organization that delivers approximately 2,500 meals each day, more than 572,000 meals a year, to Calgarians in need. While our well-known Home Meal Delivery Programs serves our principal clients; we have five programs which serve individuals, families, school children and community groups.
We are currently hiring for the exciting role of Accounts Receivable to report to the Finance Manager. The successful candidate would be an energetic, self-motived, results oriented, highly organized individual who can work in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to professionally speak with a diverse group of stakeholders.
The Accounts Receivable ensures all areas of accounts receivable are accurately completed in a timely manner. Main job functions of this role include posting daily deposits, creation of excel invoices, engaging management over any AR problems, initiate collections on any past-due account and maintain accounting ledgers as required. Producing invoices for our clients and maintaining their accounts through our SERVtracker software will be a key day to day requirement. The Accounts Receivable is a key contributor to month-end functions including invoicing, payment processing and reconciliation of all client accounts. This position involves diplomatic interaction with clients to provide billing information, setting up payments and approving paperwork for new client set-ups. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a number of different banking platforms, taking automatic bank withdrawals, credit card payments and processing refunds.
- Working towards an accounting certificate is an advantage and/or 3 years of experience;
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records;
- Strong knowledge of collection regulations and fair credit practices;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word & Outlook;
- Must work well under pressure ensuring tight deadlines are met;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Preference will be given to those with previous Quickbooks and SERVtracker experience.
At Calgary Meals on Wheels we value a casual, friendly environment that recognizes the importance of work/life balance. The hours of this role are Monday to Friday, 7:30 – 3:30. Please forward resumes, along with coversheet indicating preferred start date and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a salary expectation will not be considered. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.