Philanthropic Giving Coordinator
Calgary Meals on Wheels is a not-for-profit organization that prepares and delivers approximately 4,000 meals each day to Calgarians in need of nutritional support. While our well-known Home Meal Delivery Programs serves our principal clients; we have three programs which serve individuals, families, school children and community groups.
We are currently hiring for the exciting role of Philanthropic Giving Coordinator to work within our dynamic Fund Development Team and report to the Fund Development Manager.
The successful candidate will be donor-centric, goal-orientated and possess great attention to detail. Working closely with the Fund Development Manager, The Philanthropic Giving Coordinator is responsible for strategic development and execution for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of new and current donors for philanthropic intent to attract and secure mid-level and major donors for the organization. The individual will work in collaboration with leadership, volunteers and other stakeholders to reach monthly and annual goals.
• Reach the required monthly and yearly fundraising goal for mid-level and major donors; a total portfolio with under 60 contacts.
• Weekly record keeping through the management of effective systems for tracking and cultivating donors through the Virtuous database system.
• Weekly reporting to the Fund Development Manager on; research, identification and prospecting, solicitations, gifts secured and stewardship efforts.
• Annually assist in the development and management of the major gifts strategic plan that works in conjunction with the overall strategic plan of the organization and annual fund development budget
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and effectively within a team
• Abide by the Donor Code of Ethics and possess strong integrity
• Strong attention to detail is a must
• Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge, specifically Word, Outlook & Excel
• Valid driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract
• Clean police check and vulnerable sector search
• At least 2 years of post-secondary education that pertains to the business or non-profit field.
• Ideally, 2 years’ experience in higher-level fundraising and a proven track record of successfully securing major gifts of $5,000 and up.
At Calgary Meals on Wheels we value a casual, friendly environment that recognizes the importance of work/life balance. This role is 37.5 hours per week. Typical hours will be worked between 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, five days per week, with flexibility required to accommodate the requirements of the job; specifically, evenings and weekends may be required from time to time.
Please forward resumes, along with coversheet and salary expectation to email@example.com. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.